Friday, July 13, 2012

Summary Soiree

I have been a little scarce on here, but I do not want you to take that as a sign that I have not been busy.  That is simply not the case.   I have been doing some serious crafting.  Now I am going to short change you today, and give you a summary post.   Many of these deserve a post of their own, but I am clearing these out, so I can get ready for next week.  
1.      My friend, Anna, is getting married at the end of July.   And she requested a blanket.  I already had a pattern that I have been itching to try, so I confirmed the colors and got to work.  Now, from the picture, you can tell it is a complicated pattern.  There are 80 squares in this blanket, plus sewing time and edging.  I would guesstimate that I have about 35+ hours into this blanket.  So yes, I have been busy...  I am extremely happy with the design.  If there is anyone who deserves a blanket of this caliber, it is Anna.  She is such a sweet person and I hope her, John, and this blanket are very happy together.


2.      Our other friend, Dan, got married last Saturday.  I have known Daniel since he was 17 years old, and I have seen him change so much over the years.   We have had some great fun over the years, but I hardly recognized the man that took those vows on Saturday.  He looked so grown up, it brought tears to my eyes.  (I realize I am not much older than he is, but I am using this blog to tell how I really feel.)  I decided to make something a little different for their wedding present.  I bought a cookie sheet, and painted it with several coats of chalk board paint.  Then I added some regular paint and some ribbon.  That is all.   I think it is pretty cute.


3.      I have been into the idea of bohemian head wraps.   I don’t know, and I can’t explain my fascination with them.   This is an earwarming head wrap that I whipped up last night.   Pretty cute, I think.  I plan to experiment with my colors and styles.


4.      Here is the first birthday present that I received this year.   What a great gift!  As you can see from the above picture, they are being used.  These are really going to be great in the Yarn Fairies display.


5.      I am taking the whole week off for my birthday next week, and I have got some BIG plans.  So stayed tuned and be excited.
6.      As always, Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment