I have been a little scarce on here, but I do not want you to take that as a sign that I have not been busy. That is simply not the case. I have been doing some serious crafting. Now I am going to short change you today, and give you a summary post. Many of these deserve a post of their own, but I am clearing these out, so I can get ready for next week.
1. My friend, Anna, is getting married at the end of July. And she requested a blanket. I already had a pattern that I have been itching to try, so I confirmed the colors and got to work. Now, from the picture, you can tell it is a complicated pattern. There are 80 squares in this blanket, plus sewing time and edging. I would guesstimate that I have about 35+ hours into this blanket. So yes, I have been busy... I am extremely happy with the design. If there is anyone who deserves a blanket of this caliber, it is Anna. She is such a sweet person and I hope her, John, and this blanket are very happy together.
2. Our other friend, Dan, got married last Saturday. I have known Daniel since he was 17 years old, and I have seen him change so much over the years. We have had some great fun over the years, but I hardly recognized the man that took those vows on Saturday. He looked so grown up, it brought tears to my eyes. (I realize I am not much older than he is, but I am using this blog to tell how I really feel.) I decided to make something a little different for their wedding present. I bought a cookie sheet, and painted it with several coats of chalk board paint. Then I added some regular paint and some ribbon. That is all. I think it is pretty cute.
3. I have been into the idea of bohemian head wraps. I don’t know, and I can’t explain my fascination with them. This is an earwarming head wrap that I whipped up last night. Pretty cute, I think. I plan to experiment with my colors and styles.
4. Here is the first birthday present that I received this year. What a great gift! As you can see from the above picture, they are being used. These are really going to be great in the Yarn Fairies display.
5. I am taking the whole week off for my birthday next week, and I have got some BIG plans. So stayed tuned and be excited.
6. As always, Stay classy.