Monday, October 8, 2012

Yarn Fairies Explosion

I know. I have been non-existent lately.  I apologize.  I have had two different people ask me for another blog update, so I feel inspired to write.  So write I will do.
Yarn Fairies.  If you are a long time reader, you know that this is the name of my yarn art business.  You will also remember that one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to go forward with Yarn Fairies.  I had thought about the possibility of opening a online shop.  There is just one problem with that.
I am SWAMPED!
I personally think that handmade items are coming back.  People are tired of having something that was made commercially by people in other countries who are being paid next to nothing.  People are tired of buying things that are so ordinary and dreadfully boring.   Plus, with all the talented people in the world, if you can buy something unique and you can buy from an artist that personally handcrafted your item.  Why wouldn’t you spend the little extra money?
And that is probably why I am so busy.  Yarn Fairies is participating in the Holiday in SmokeRise Festival again, so I busy working on things to stock the table with.
But I am also busy with personal orders. People have been coming up to me, “hey, can you make this?” And my answer is always the same, “I have no idea, but I am going to try” And I have been trying, and I am not trying to boast.  I have come up with some really cute things.
Here is my current list of just finished, current projects, and to do list
-Elephant hat
-3 Ponchos
-Army Tank Slippers – Size 17 – That is not a typo. It will take 4 balls of yarn to complete.
-Cat costume
-A tiny Dress
-Reindeer Hat
- Snowman Hat

Plus, I need to make more hats to stock our table with.  Most of the above are personal orders that are already sold.

I am trying to remain calm. 

I have a lot of work to do. But if this is a sign that America is turning back to handmade items.  It is a busy that is welcomed.

I haven’t even thought about Christmas presents yet, oh dear.

So you see, I haven’t been ignoring you. I have been busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment