Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update on the Broderways

I really have nothing substantial to write about right now. We have been busy and I have been doing some traveling.    But I figured my faithful readers needed something, so I will give you a little update on the projects/stuff that has been going on around my house. 

Myrna, my sewing machine, and I are getting along wonderfully.   I am filled to the brim with future projects.  The WIP (work in progress) project is my 4th of July skirt.  I am taking some old tshirts, and making a skirt.  I am almost finished, all I have left is the elastic band.  However, I will wait to reveal this in my 4th of July post.    But here is a sneak peak of what I started with.   I am just gonna let the anticipation build.







We have been eating few steaks at the Broderway house.  And I have decided that I am never cooking a steak again.   Justin has turned into a steak genius.  Now don’t get me wrong, he has always been very handy with a grill.  But the steaks he has been producing are legendary.  They are so good, that I am sad when I finish eating.  Take a look at this pic.   This is Saturday night’s dinner, a great steak, grilled squash, and perogies.   Amazing.

Another thing that has been going on is the Color Run.   I participated in the one here in the beginning of April, and really had a good time.   Then I found out that they are doing another one in Birmingham in September.  My sister and I have decided to enter this one as a team.  We have decided to call our team, Gutless Fighters.  This name represents former and current SBS (Short Bowel Syndrome) patients.   We are hoping to raise awareness about SBS, and show the many families that are dealing with this condition, that they have some support out there.  Obviously because of my sister, SBS is something that I am very passionate about.  I think this is a good first step for me.  I plan to do other things to help people with SBS.   Here is a pic of me after the Color Run, and in September, my sister will be right beside me.

I would like to end this post with my quote.
“If you think fighting is hard, try fighting without guts”

No comments:

Post a Comment