Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

It is that time of year again!  And oh, how I love this time of year! 
Things I love most about Christmas!
-Christmas Lights
-Warm Holiday Beverages
-The Ornaments on our tree
-Our lopsided tree (it suffered a cat attack last year)
-Our new tree that Justin found in the Garbage
-Christmas Movies
-Christmas TV
-Sugar Cookies with Icing
-Christmas Carols
-Mistletoe (wink, wink)

What I love about this Christmas is that Justin seems to finally have gotten bit by the Christmas spirit.  I don’t know if it has been by choice or by force.  Let me explain, I was out of pocket last week.  That was two weeks before Christmas.   As every crafter, shopper, baker knows, that is the week where you are supposed to get the most done.   The week before Christmas is reserved for last minute baking and shopping.  It is reserved for last minute touches and holiday parties.  It is reserved road trips and arrivals.  
I was afraid that with me out of town for a week, that I would not be able to make “Christmas” happen.  I would just be too far behind.  ENTER – my knight is shining armor, Justin.  He has been amazing this Christmas.  He has done so much shopping and wrapping.  He has kept the house as clean as he can with me still on the loose!  I don’t know what I would do without Justin.  He has bought several Secret Santa gifts for parties that we will attend, and already has them wrapped and under the tree.   So either by choice or by force, Justin has been filled with the Christmas spirit!  And I could not be happier.
But because it is the week before Christmas, there is baking, last minute touches, holiday travel plans, and some last minute crocheting to do.  And no matter how much Christmas spirit Justin has, he refuses to learn to crochet.  Yes, I have tried to talk him into it!  Anyways, I still have a lot to do. 
I was getting ready for work on Monday, and realizing that I was getting really stressed worrying about how it will all get done.  I ask Justin to help me prioritize the things on my list, and cross off some things that don’t really matter.
So I looked at my list, and I crossed a couple things off.  And I feel good about it.  I will still have a busy week.  But I am going to make time for the things that I want this year.   I want to watch Christmas Vacation with my husband.  I want to meet my girlfriends for cookies on Thursday. I want to have sushi with my sister on Saturday.  I want to go to Bro. Lloyds’ church on Sunday.  I want to spend Christmas Eve with my parents!  
So yes I am skipping some things this year, but that’s okay.  I am making sure that I make the most out of this Christmas by spending time with family, friends, and Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment