Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Wrapup

In preparation for 2013, I have been thinking about the direction that I want to move myself in. What do I want Brittany to look like one year?  But before I get into all that, I would like to take a look into the past year. 
A lot of great things have happened this year.  This has been a really great year for us!  Last year, I had a New Years post, and I knew that I would have to answer to it this year.  I thought it was going to be bad.  Really bad.  But I don’t think I did too shabby.
Let’s review.
2012 resolutions
1.      To stop biting my nails Again. – I have done this.  I am typing this with painted nails that are on the short side, but that is because I had one break. Ugh. 
2.      To learn new knitting techniques – I did learn how to fair isle, but that is about it.  I wanted to make a sweater, but I didn’t.  I will definitely have to revisit this 2013.
3.      To figure out a direction for Yarn Fairies. – Umm, I am still working on this one as well.   I have gotten a great deal of special orders this year.  But that balance between doing orders, preparing for a booth, learning new skills, and charity knitting, is really hard to find.  This will have to be redefined in 2013.
4.      To be more organized. – This is a progress.  Yes, Kacee helped me organized my master closet in Feb.  Does it look as bad as when she first saw it? No.  Does it look like it did when she left that Saturday? No.  Rome wasn’t built in day.
5.      To learn to sew – I am learning to sew.  I have taken a few classes.  Found a great seamstress to help me on the side.   I made a beautiful apron for my sister for Christmas.  I should have gotten some pics, maybe she will send some.   I am really proud of that apron.  I know it is something that Becky can use and keep forever. Check!
6.      To be healthier -  I have done this as well.  I have started drinking green smoothies.   I joined a gym that I go to sometimes.  I am also training for a half marathon.  Check!
7.      To Say Yes- Some days I am in the mood for this.  Some days, I am not.  But I would consider myself greatly improved in this area.  
I thought I was ready to give you a list of my 2013 resolutions, but I think I need more time to reflect.  I will get back to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment