Friday, January 25, 2013

Finally, A First

I have said for at least 3 years I was going to do this, and I haven’t even made an attempt to start.
I read a lot of knitting blogs, and I always see these fantastic sweaters knitted with fantastic yarns.  And I want so bad to be able to knit one for myself or my hubby, if he would ever wear it.  But I have been scared and nervous about starting one.
Until Now

 I am finally starting, and as you can see from the pic it is going pretty well.



Pattern:  $5 in Paris
I found this pattern on Ravelry, and a lot of people used this pattern for their first sweater.  One of my hang-ups, is that most sweater patterns call for really nice (read: expensive) yarn.  I was nervous to invest that much money into something I didn’t know if I would or could finish.    However, this pattern was written for cheaper (yet, still nice) yarn.  So I thought, I will give this a try and see what happens.

I am very excited, and thrilled with how this is going.  I am anxious to work on it this weekend.  I will keep you informed on the progress.

I am doing it, finally doing it!!

Happy Friday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment