Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving

It is almost Thanksgiving!!  I know I should save this post for Thursday, but my to do list is rather large.  I am getting ready to travel home to Alabama and then also preparing for our anniversary on Saturday.  So I thought I would get ahead of the game.  I wanted to make a list of thirty things, for which I am thankful.
1.      I am thankful for my husband and a wonderful first year of marriage.
2.      I am thankful for my dad.  He has always provided an example of the person I want to be.
3.      I am thankful for my mom.  If I could only be half the mom she is, I will be okay.
4.      I am thankful for my sister.  She sets an incredible example of discipline and determination.
5.      I am thankful for my home church.  A place where one can grow and explore their beliefs in an encouraging community made up of great people.
6.      I am thankful for my friends.  Quality over Quanity.
7.      I am thankful for my job.  I am blessed to work for a great company with great people. 
8.      I am thankful for LeighAnne. She brings so much joy to me and the people that are around her. 
9.      I am thankful for Katie.  She is like my big sister. 
10.   I am thankful for my cats, Daphne and Cooper.  They are so damn cute.
11.   I am thankful for Kacee.  She is the sweetest person I have ever met.
12.   I am thankful for Megan.  She is so creative, enthusiastic and accepting.
13.   I am thankful for my coworkers.  They make work fun and a never-ending adventure.
14.   I am thankful for all my friends that I have met throughout insurance world.
15.   I am thankful for my health.  And the health of others around me.
16.   I am thankful for all the food I have to eat.  Wish more of it was low fat, but I think that is my fault.
17.   I am thankful for my freedom.
18.   I am thankful for my hobbies.  They keep me sane.
19.   I am thankful for my in-laws.  They make me feel so welcome.
20.   I am thankful for Holly.  She brings in a breath of fresh air wherever she goes.
21.   I am thankful for my extended family.  Although, I don’t see them much, I know that they are there.
22.   I am thankful that I am from the South.  Yes, I catch a lot of grief from Northerners, but there are some things that just cannot be taught. 
23.   I am thankful for life lessons.  They are hard and they hurt, but they are the best teachers.
24.   I am thankful for naps.
25.   I am thankful for my salvation.  A salvation that is between me and Jesus.
26.   I am thankful for chocolate.  Some days it would be impossible to get through without.
27.   I am thankful for Saturday mornings. 
28.   I am thankful for the great teachers of my life.
29.   I am thankful for technology, where ideas can be shared, changed and personalized.
30.   I am thankful for reflection.  A time where we can reflect on the things that make our life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment