Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkeys, Owls, and a Alien. Oh My!!

I am a little behind, so expect a string of posts in the next week or so. 
I was going to put this blog post up last week.  But I was doing some traveling for work.  I started in IL on Sunday and ended up in NYC on Friday.  It was a crazy weekend that led into a crazy week.  This week does not appear to be any less crazy, but it will be filled with family, great food, an anniversary, and some epic football.  Before we go on to this week, lets catch up. 
Two weekends ago, my mom and sister came up for a Girl’s Weekend.  We had several projects to tackle.  Our planned was to get a head start on Christmas shopping, make cake pops, and I had some other projects that I wanted to conquer.  (I only got one of those personal projects done.)
Friday started out with a lunch at Creations, the restaurant at the culinary school where my sister attended.  We then left there to paint pottery, buy some gifts, and get supplies for the cake pops.
Justin joined us for sushi.  And then we got started on the epic process of cake pops.  I don’t know what I was thinking.  I had an idea that we would finish them on Friday night.  I was wrong, way wrong.  We did however get the cake baked and formed into balls. 
Here is my sister looking happy.  After 48 cake pops, she does not look so cheerful!

All us girls in the kitchen, Daphne wants to help, too!!

After a shopping spree at the Mall of Georgia, we made it home and started right back on the cake balls.  We dipped them in candy coating.  (This is significant, since I have tried to make cake balls numerous of times and the chocolate never hardens! Now I know why)

Once they are dipped the fun actually starts.  Very tedious fun, but fun!  We started with snowmen, owls, turkeys, and reindeer. 





And I have to say that Becky showed extreme discipline and stuck to the list.  I, however, quickly got bored.  And the following are the results from my boredom. 


Yes, This is an alien!

We had a lot of fun!  Becky had the Cake Pops book that we followed.  We also referenced the blog of Bakerella.  So this concept is not ours, but the alien pop was all mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment