Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not Album Worthy, but Def Memory Worthy

I know it is a little early.  It is not my anniversary yet.   But, it is 17 days until my anniversary.  We are finally getting around to ordering wedding albums, so I was going through the pictures again.  Fact is, I have been through our website a million times.  I love our pictures.  I love our photographers.  And I understand that they have to move on, and since my album is getting close to a year old they have to remove it and make room for new customers and new pictures.  
So I am going through the pictures and remembering the thoughts and emotions that were running through my head on that day.  While I was selecting pictures that I must have in the album, I start to think about the pictures that didn’t make facebook, or the wall, and probably won’t make the album either.     Yes, these pictures are not wall worthy, but they do convey some back story and emotion that made my wedding unique.  So I am going to share them here.  I am not going to bore you with a recap of the entire day.  I just want to put a story with the picture.
This is me talking at the rehearsal dinner.  If I ever have to host and plan another big even, I am going to hire someone.   I was so stressed that everything that I had worked so hard on would not all come together.  As you can tell from the picture, I cannot hide this.

I forgot a lot of things of my wedding day.  I forgot to wear my garter during the service and the reception.  I forgot until the last minute that I didn’t arrange anything to PLAY the slideshow that I had worked so hard on.  But the biggest thing I forgot was my underwear.  Don’t ask how I managed to do this, but when I got ready to put on my dress, I realized I had no underwear on or in my immediate possession.  Luckily, Terri is known for giving us underwear.  She had bought me and Justin special wedding underwear.  Justin had both pairs, and the best man had to bring me some panties in his pocket.

I bought my dress eight months before the wedding.  It was a perfect fit, when I had bought it.  I am claiming that I was having a fat day, and the dress was a little tight.  Thanks to my army, I got into the dress.  Until the final button fastened, the only thought in my head, “What if I can’t fit into this? What will I wear?”

There are no words for this picture.  I have no idea what they were doing.  I have no idea.  But it looks like fun.

I don’t know whose idea it was to leave me alone.  Lol.  But here I am reflecting, I am thinking about how in just a couple hours I am going to be married to my best friend.  I am thinking about my vows.  I am a pretty emotional person.  I was about to cry.  I, then, told Karen/Mugga that I was about to ball my eyes out.  And she says,  “Baby, no don’t cry.  Cause then I am gonna cry.”  Katie then imparted some wisdom to me that I have not forgotten, she said, “You cannot cry during the service, Justin needs to hear what you have to say.” 

This picture says it all.  Holly does hate Aubs.


Even on my wedding day, I have time for knitting.



This was the best part of the entire day, even though we lost the Iron Bowl.


 Here I am surrounded by my family and friends, that might as well be family.  We shared a special memory here.  I was with the people that I love most, and the people that love me.  It was a great feeling.  All the stress was gone, and I was deliriously happy to be married to Justin.  In fact, I am still deliriously happy to be married to Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment