Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend of Creations

Do you know those weekends, when you have loose plans but not any definite plans?  Yes, you have errands that need to be ran, projects that need to be finished, a house that needs to be cleaned, but nothing really pressing.  That is how our weekend was, and it was very nice.  It was a laid-back, go with the flow, kind of weekend.  And with Justin and I being the creative people we are, creations happened. 
 And here were the results:
Hummus – IF you have been following my blog, then you will know that I have recently made this.  When I made this last weekend, it was good, but not quite right.  I have tried again.  I used the recipe below which I think got me a little closer to the end result I was looking for.  I also added some ground red pepper.  It is really close to be exactly what I want, so I will keep working on it.   I served it with cucumbers and crackers.  When I get it just right, then I will spring for the warm pita bread!


WolfPack Chili - Don’t go looking for this on Allrecipes.com, because you aren’t going to find it.  Justin has wanted to make a chili for some time.   So in Publix, we poured over the beans, the seasoning, and the meat.  At home, Justin worked busily combining all the ingredients.  And telling me, “Hurry, write this down before I forget it”.   So I have it documented, the official chili of the Broderway household.  I can’t release the official recipe but I can tell you it has two different kinds of beans, Top Sirloin Steak, Wild Turkey bourbon, and a bit of Miller Lite in it.  And it is pretty amazing. .



Sergeant Frog - I knit/crochet things all the time.  And 98% of the time, I make things for girls. Girl’s items are so cute.  And it is a million times easier to make a flower, than to knit a boat or a train.   So I was working on another animal hat, and Justin wanted this to be a boy hat.  Not only did he want me to use boy colors, but he also wanted me to make a sergeant patch to put on the earflap.  Since I rarely make boy items, I conceded.  So I now have a Sergeant Frog. 
Although he is now finished, he is pictured here unfinished, because:
1.      I needed to see if I put the first eye in the right place.
2.      This picture proves the statement in my last post, about one eyed hats looking demented, true.
3.      Justin is making a goofy face.
4.      Saving the finished version for the Holiday in Smokerise Christmas Festival on December 3rd.
5.      This overall picture cracks me up.


I am whipping out these animal hats, so if you have any ideas of what animals to try next please let me know.  I think I have decided to work on a blue bird hat next, but that shouldn’t take long at all.  I apologize for the photography in this post.  I know it is pretty bad, but you get the picture, right?
PS - I also apologize for the dirty socks in the background.  Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment