Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Organization Transformation

When we first moved to our new place in April, I vowed that I would be more organized.  I would put things back where they belong and I would make a solid effort into being that part of the homemaker that I am not so good at.  If you know me, then you will not be surprised by this upcoming confession.  I love to cook.  I love to create.  I love to decorate.  But I do not love to clean.  I do not love to organize.  I do not love to do laundry. And if I didn’t have a wonderful husband, I would not have clean clothes. 
But this time was going to be different, and it will be.  I am not naïve enough to think that these changes can be made overnight.  I have been disorganized for 25 years; it will take some time to get used to the idea.   And so, that is how the master closet slipped back into disaster world.  I really don’t know how it happened.  I am going to blame it on the cats.  They are the only ones that are there all day, and I KNOW that this is not my fault.  (After I work on my organization habits, I am going to tackle denial.)
In steps, Kacee, my organizing hero.  She agreed to help me organize the master closet.  She believes that this sort of thing is a possible hobby/side job for her.  And I felt like my closet would be the test of her commitment.   This is what she saw the first time.

To my surprise, she did not appear surprised.   She was very non-judgmental, which was very comforting in this entire process.  She took pictures.  She took notes.  She measured things.  And then she left. 
A couple days later, I got an email with a massive list of ideas.  And after a little discussion and a little shopping, all that was left to do was the actual work.  I can honestly say, I wouldn’t have gotten through Saturday without Kacee.  She was a vital part of the process.
Are you ready to see the final result???








I think it is an amazing transformation.  We added a shoe tree and a hanging shoe organizer.  We also added creative ways to hang my scarves and display Justin’s belt buckles.  We also added a closet doubler.  There are some amazing options out there for closet organization.
P.S.  She also helped to organize my yarn.  I will have to show that off another day.
P.S.S. Kacee, I am going to try really really hard to keep it this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment