Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Five Chinese and a Vest

It has been awhile since I have posted about food.  Don’t worry, I am still cooking and trying new things.  But I have been switching phones for the past couple of weeks, so my pics seem to always be somewhere else. 
I have been doing a pretty good job of working with a meal plan lately.  I think the holidays through some kinks, but we are past that.  I really like having the meal plan.  It has allowed me to try a lot of new recipes.  I made an awesome calzone two weeks ago, but that one didn’t last long enough to take a pic.
  Anyways,  like the rest of the world, I am addicted to Pinterest.   Pinterest is how I found the  SkinnyTaste Blog.  She has a ton of great looking recipes.   One of which, I thought I would share with you.
Click on her blog to see the actual recipe.  Now I have wanted to experiment with the Five Chinese Spice, so I had that on hand.  As for the garlic cloves, agave, and shallots, I did not have on hand.  And yesterdays, was one of the days that I was not going to brave the grocery store to get these ingredients.  So I improvised.  I made the marinade with the Chinese five spice, soy sauce, black pepper, sugar, garlic powder, and ginger.    I let the chicken marinate overnight, and roasted it.  It was delish.  I served it with some sticky rice, and some roasted zucchini. 
I am aware that this chicken leg is HUGE!
Roasted zucchini is quickly becoming my new fave.  All I do, is to chop it up (or ask Justin to) and throw some black pepper, Greek seasoning, and seasoning salt,  and bake it for 20 minutes.  Delish!

Vest Update
I have been working on my vest, and it is coming along nicely.  I put it down for a minute or week, because I was feeling a bit discouraged.  Now the rows are so long, the take forever, and I am not seeing any really quick progress like before.    But I sewed up the seams on Sunday, and tried it on, and it is looking good.  So I am determined to finish it during the month of February.   
I know it is not a great pic, but you can see I am working on it!

Justin and I watched a movie last night, and I knitted the entire time, and only got 5 rows done.  This is going to be a long month...

No comments:

Post a Comment