Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Roll Tide at the Broderway House

This past Saturday marked the beginning of a very special time of year.  Football season!!  If you know anything about Justin and me, you would know that we are huge Alabama fans.  Football season is a big deal for us.  I have been preparing for football season for awhile now.  Before kick-off, I worked hard to get the Broderway home ready for the start of a great season.
My first project was to make sure the game watching station (aka the couch) was decorated properly.  I got all my stuffed elephants out from their hiding spots and replaced the normal couch pillows.  I also knitted a pillow to add to the couch as well.  This is entrelac knitting; if you look carefully you can see that the red and the white are being knit in different directions.  Pretty neat, hunh?  I just sewed a gray backing to it and stuffed it.

Then I had to prepare game day food.  Of course, I used the Alabama platter that I hand painted and had glazed last year.  (Pic is before it was glazed.)

 I decided to make Brown Sugar Smokies.  Recipe here...    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brown-sugar-smokies/detail.aspx
Justin informed me that he did not want brown sugar on his bacon, so I made half with the sugar and half without.  Both very good.  I served them with some smoke gouda.


 I also made some Man Dip. Yes, that is the name.  Just chili, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.  It was good. 
But not as good as the final score on Saturday.  Roll tide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment